Since its establishment, till date, International School of Medicine has been a training center with high standards in the fields of science, medicine and scientific research gaining reputation not only in Kyrgyzstan but also in South-East Asia.
ISM’s Scientific objective is been prioritized correlating the theme of medical science and health care, “The physiological and pathological aspects of the Human body”.
RESEARCH ASPECTS OF ISM
- To study the pathogenesis, modernization of the methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of major diseases in children and adults.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and treatment of surgical pathologies.
- To develop and improve the diagnosis and treatment of acute surgical diseases of the thorax, abdomen and pelvis, including latest endosurgical procedures.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and early detection of infectious diseases, including research in the field of microbiology and immunology.
- To study the pathogenesis and to develop the criteria for the effective diagnosis and treatment of Infectious and endocrine diseases by the respective departments.
- To Understand the physiology and pathogenesis of adaptation in the fields of molecular genetics and population genetics, and to analyzing the risk of genetic and multifactorial diseases.
- To introduce the new technologies in the educational process, as well as in the theoretical foundation of universal competence, in the teachings of the humanities.
THE QUALITATIVE COMPOSITION OF ISM TEACHERS
STUDENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Based on all the research works carried since 2009, three scientific conferences were been held until date, amongst the students of ISM and participants from other universities.
- The first conference was made successful with 7 major abstracts, and among them, “the study on the social and living conditions of the international students of ISM”, made by Dr. Muddasir Mohammed Ghouse was been given the First place. Later this abstract was been officially presented at the “International Young Medical Scientists Conference” held in the United Arab Emirates, where it was awarded Second place.
- He was been further recommended, for the admission into the course, Masters of Public Health (USA).
- The second conference held in May 2011, highlighted four abstracts by our students, of which the one prepared by Dr. Zeeshan Ali under the name of “The factors contributing the health of the students of ISM” was presented at the ISCOMS conference, Netherlands’11 because of which he was given admission in the succeeding research program.
- Later he was been recommended by the Head of the Public Health Department Dr. Djumalieva A.A. to the epidemiological research program in Groningen, Netherlands.
- The young scientists conference held at the KSMA (10-12 April 2012) in the memory of Daniyarov S.B, was represented by a 5 th year student of ISM, Ahmad Hassan. He presented a project on the “Features and drawbacks in the adaptation of foreign students in the universities of Kyrgyzstan” and won a special prize. Later he was recommended for the admission into the course, MA in Germany.
- With the initiative of Djumalieva A.A, the head of public health department, four final year students: Ahmad Hassan, Thippa Kuppuram Eshvari, Thippa Kuppuram Vaishnavi and Praveen Kumar Jadhav took part in the forum of international students, held from 17 to 19 April 2012, in The Kaznm university, Almaty.
- The students of the ISN-TUNDUK in cooperation with UNAIDS, organized an inter university conference on HIV/AIDS theme.
- 1300 students from all over the world participated in the Model United Nations Conferences initiative of UN which helps to understand the structure and function of United Nations in April 2013. Among top 15 students Ammar Younas got full scholarship. Certificate of Scholarship was awarded at FAO, UN Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
More than 400 International students and 900 Italian students were participant of this conference which made it one of the largest International Student Conference. This conference was attended by him while representing IUK, 6 Kyrgyz Students from AUCA, 1 Kyrgyz Student from Germany and 1 Kyrgyz student from USA.
ISM PUBLICATIONS FOR 2012.
In the year 2012 employees of ISM published a total of 96 scientific and methodological publications including 7 monographs and 2 manuals.
Some of our publications appeared in the internationally renowned indexed magazineslike the Skopus, the Web of science etc.
CHAIR OF THE DISSERTATION
ISM of “IUK” together with NGO UNPK(State University —Education-Science-Production Complex) started Dissertation Council (D. 14.11.045) to protect Master’s and Doctoral theses in”Epidemiology and Hygiene” (code: Personal Care – 14/02/01; epidemiology, 02/14/02). Since 2008, on the basis of the Dissertation Council defended 28 candidate and doctoral theses.
In the photo
Chair of the dissertation